CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 23, 2007

THRUSH

Who knew that at 11 months of age a baby can still get thrush. A trip to the Dr. this afternoon confirmed that yes indeed Warner has thrush. She coated his mouth really good with a purple medication and put him on antibiotics for a week. I also have to soak all nipples and pacifiers in a vinegar and water mixture for 10 minutes before sanitizing them in boiling water. The purple dye was all over his hands, face, sheets, clothes, and toys by the end of the day. In the last picture you can see the big hand print left on his head from when he was napping this afternoon. His mouth was still purple when I put him in the bed tonight.

I don't know why it surprises me that he would have a fungus growing in his mouth - this little boy puts EVERYTHING is his mouth, including bird droppings. Oh yes, one afternoon last week while playing outside I look over to see him munching on something and after further inspection I find that he has not one, but 2 big chunks of bird poop in his mouth.




2 comments:

The Segrest Family said...

GINGER! i just found your blog on your comment on laura tomlinson's blog! YAY! warner is SO CUTE!! i could eat him! and i love the way you dress him - he is always stylin'!

Hillary Jordan said...

Hey Ginger! I just found your blog today through LT's comments as well. I can't wait to tell Russell. Warner is precious... I just hope the thrush doesn't last very long! Keep in touch...
Hillary