CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 16, 2007

DON'T BLINK

I'm posting this today because I won't get a chance tomorrow...
Has anybody heard that song by Kenny Chesney, "Don't Blink"? I don't really like the song, but the lyrics are so true.


Don't blink
Life goes faster than you think
Don't blink

I cannot believe that "my baby" will be 18 months old tomorrow. Where does the time go?? That sounds so old!! He is so much fun these days - climbing on everything he can get his little leg hiked up on, chattering to anyone that will listen, giving sweet kisses all the time...He is so FUNNY!! Chris & I are having a hard time disciplining him because it's so hard to not laugh at him. The other night he was in the ice machine taking the scooper, filling it with ice, and throwing the ice on the floor. Chris started laughing and I said "you can't laugh!!" Then he got a spanking and as I was explaining to him why he got a spanking he starts "talking" back to me with his little hands out like "I don't understand why I got a spanking."

10 facts about Warner:

  1. He LOVES to give kisses - all you have to say is 'Can I have a kiss?" and if he's in the mood he'll run at you and give a smack on the lips with sound effects and all.
  2. When it's time for bed, we say "Warner it's time to go night night." He'll take off down the hall saying "nigh nigh" and head for his bed.
  3. As soon as you put shoes on his feet he thinks he's going outside and will head for the back door.
  4. He is so happy when he wakes up (in the mornings or after his nap) and he'll want to play in his bed for a while. Some mornings he'll play in his bed for an hour before one of us goes and gets him.
  5. He loves his little elephant that he sleeps with and when I go in to check on him while he's sleeping, most of the time the elephant is over his face or right up next to his face.
  6. His favorite word is "no no no" and he is not afraid to use it!
  7. He is very shy around people he doesn't see often (takes him a little while to warm up) and he'll either hide between my legs or put his head down on m shoulder if I'm holding him. I LOVE that he feels so safe with me.
  8. He LOVES LOVES LOVES his paci!!!!!!! We have limited it to bedtime and nap time, but a lot of times he wants to play in his bed just so he can suck on that paci.
  9. When we are in the car he HAS to have his juice - it is not pretty when mommy forgets to bring the juice.
  10. He is a very good snuggler! In the mornings Chris usually goes and gets him and puts him in the bed with us and he will get right up next to us and snuggle. By far my favorite time of the day - what a great thing to wake up to every morning.

I love that I get to spend all day with this little blessing from God.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! the time really does go by quickly doesn't it? what will our family look like 18 months from now?

love y'all

gib

the rayners said...

hahaha, sorry about that. left that comment from the wrong email address...

Anonymous said...

wait till his 18!! DAD

LT (and Max) said...

what a sweet post! he's adorable ginger--it's understandable why you are in love with that little man!!
p.s. warner has become one of my favorite boy names ever since i've seen YOUR warner! happy turkey day

Haley said...

Oh so cute! our two boys sound so much alike, paci (pap is what we call it) and all!!! hate we're going to miss ya'll on Thanksgiving. Happy 18 MONTHS!!!