CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 14, 2008

swimming lessons

Have I mentioned that Warner is a little fish?? He LOVES the water, has never been scared of it, and can sometimes scare his mommy to death! He has learned so much this year - jumps off the side, goes under water, kicks his feet, blows bubbles in the water, etc. We spend a lot of time at the pool!! So when I signed him up for swimmng lessons at the beginning of the year, I thought this is going to be great. He is going to be swimming everywhere. Well, it didn't go as well as I thought. He was great for the first 5 minutes. He showed Mrs. Harriett (his swim teacher) how he could jump in and go under water, he was kicking his feet for her and blowing bubbles in the water. She was really impressed! She couldn't believe how he would go under and even pour water on his head. After a little while Warner realized mommy wasn't in the water with him and he was ready to get out - "hold me mommy, hold me mommy". He eventually got hysterical and wouldn't do anything. We stayed the whole time to see if he would change his mind. He did get in with her a few more times, but only for a little while. We're gonna give it up for this year - her advise, not my decision - and start over next year. She thinks he's a little too young. I am still so proud of this little booger!!
Here he is swimming Saturday at a birthday party. I don't know if you can see it or not, but he has Thomas the train in his hand!!!!


and this was taken during the swimming lessons this afternoon - the first 5 mintues when he was cooperating...

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Kissy said...

OMG - a swim school dropout!!!!
He was just trying to tell you - "Mom, I already know how to do this stuff - sho me sompin new mister!!!!"