CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

1st ER visit

Long story short - Warner got into some prescription pain medicine yesterday morning. He found it in our closet in a bowl - we didn't even know it was there. I guess he thought it was candy, and no, it did not have a child proof cap on it! SCARY SCARY moment for a mommy to find her son with white stuff in his mouth and not know what it is. My first thought was that he had gotten some gum, then I quickly realized it wasn't gum. He led me to the closet where I saw the pill bottle on the floor with the top off. I panicked!! I don't even really remember what I did first....but we ended up at the emergency room. Chris met us there driving over 100 miles per hour, running every red light....he was a little worried. BUT, PRAISE GOD we think he only ate 1 pill, maybe 2 and he was fine. The doctor checked him out and we were released. We are so thankful today to be at home and not in the hospital and most importantly that we have a healthy little boy.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

The Overstreets said...

These little boys are into everything! I know you must have been so scared. Thank God little Warner is okay!! I think you deserve a big ole glass of wine after that!

The Dunsmores said...

Thank God, Ginger! I bet you were a mess...kiss him extra today!

LT (and Max) said...

oh my gosh! i can't even imagine how you were feeling! glad all is well!

Crystal and Billy said...

How scary...thank God that he is ok!!