CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

2.5 years old...on the 17th


I had full intentions to write this post Monday on my baby's 2 1/2 year birthday, but I woke up that morning with the lovely stomach virus. YUCK!! There is nothing worse in the world...


Anyway....back to the subject at hand - William Warner is 2 1/2 !!!!! This is such a fun, but challenging age. He is a little man now, he can carry on a conversation, and he can definitely make his own decisions (if we let him). You really have to stay on top of your game as a parent - it's way easier to give in or ignore bad behaviour, but we would pay big time in the end! Let's just say the wooden spoon never leaves our site. More than anything this little boy is such a joy, so loving, gives the best sugar, tells us he LOVES us, and genuinely LOVES people. He is all about Thomas the Train, tractors, trucks, tools, and anything else that is ALL BOY!!

I love hearing what comes out of his mouth. As I was sweeping the floor the other day he was trying to walk through the pile of trash - something he is constantly doing. I was trying to get him away from the pile when he tells me, "mommy, be patient." I just laughed out loud - if he hears it, he will repeat it!!! Last night I was calling for Chris who was in the back of the house, and Warner says, "mommy, daddy's in the shower...he can't hear you." I just looked at him and said thanks Warner...

He is growing up so fast, but it's okay - I know he can't stay a baby forever. That's why we have got to say bye bye to the by by (paci) and start this potty training business!!!! I have been so lazy about both of these things...and now it is definitely time! Wish us luck. My plan is to tackle the potty training after Thankgiving holidays and to give up the paci by Christmas. I've been talking up a little plan with Warner about giving our by by's to Santa and then Santa will give them to all the babies for Christmas. We'll see! I know it's going to be rather dramatic....for me and him!

Happy 2 1/2 year birthday baby boy...one things for sure - YOU ARE LOVED!!

4 comments:

Kissy said...

sounds like you have a plan - know he can do it!!!!!

Kissy said...

maybe give up each paci for a Thomas the Train figure - might work!!!!!

Barrett Family said...

we will be right there with you. let me know any tricks or what works. good to see yall the other weekend

The Segrest Family said...

he is so cute!!!! where does the time go?
and i will say this about giving up the 'by by' - that's what camp called it too - it is MUCH harder on you than it is on him!
and about potty training - for us, it was AWFUL when i tried to do it and he was not ready - but the minute he was ready, it took about two days of being at home and he was done! (we still sleep in pull ups for nap and nighttime - my ped. says that takes time b/c you can't potty train while they sleep!) but we went cold turkey to undies during wake time- when i tried pullups but he just used them like a diaper =)
there ya go - you didnt ask what i thought on this, i just told ya! ha!
good luck!!!