CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Mother of the year goes to...

NOT ME!!!!


I have failed, failed miserably! My child is still in diapers and he still takes a pacifier at naptime and night time. But...it's okay. I'm not worried. I was getting so frustrated with potty training that I decided it wasn't worth it. When he is ready, he will do it. The best advice I have been given is - wait until he's three. That's what I'm gonna do! It's not that he's not smart enough to do it, he just could care less. Warner would sit in a dirty diaper all day long if I let him. Most of the time he runs from me saying, "please don't change my diaper."


As far as the pacifier, I gave up. I mean if you could only see the enjoyment the child gets out of having that paci to go night night. He LOVES it!! Don't worry, there will come a time when enough is enough, but right now I'm okay with it.


So Sarah, there's your update. Don't come to me for advice!!

9 comments:

Brooke said...

Don't kick yourself Ginger!! I do agree about waiting until he is ready to potty train. Bryce was obviously ready when we did it because it was so easy. I wouldn't have made it had he fought me on it. We used a 'potty watch' that I bought from One Step Ahead I think and that was awesome for him. Bryce would still have a paci too but after his surgery in March (on his lip) he physically couldn't have it and gave it up after not having it for a couple of days. I don't see anything wrong with a paci in the bed. And it makes them seem like babies a little while longer!

The Overby Family said...

Ginger...you crack me up. I was so jealous that day at was at your house this summer. Clean house, home cooked meal, routine nap time!!! Mason's favorite food is pop tarts and vanilla pudding, he never takes naps and my house is always a disaster zone. YOU are a great mom and wife. I get frustrated with the potty training too. When I here people say they potty trained thier kid at 14 months...well I feel sorry for how uptight that poor kids gonna be one day. YOu stress too much.
love,
Kasey

P.S. throw the pasifers away...in the trash...goodbye. He'll get over it. I promise.

Haley said...

You're hilarious! Don't forget your nephew Kep, he's right there with your baby boy!:)

Anonymous said...

You're an AWESOME mom!!! Love, "B"

The Overstreets said...

AMEN on waiting till he's three! I'm a strong believer in it.. it makes it so much less stressful!!!! :)

Got the package yesterday and LOVED it! Yall are the best!

The Dunsmores said...

GINGER!!! You are not a failure...in fact, it looks to me as if you are doing everything right and have it all together! Especially if you are respecting Warner's time table...which is important. I know a family who has a child in diapers and the girl is 5!!!! Now that is taking it a step too far -- but I think you are doing just fine. And did I mention that I sucked my thumb until I was like 21? No judgement here, lady. Just keep me posted on strategies so I know what the heck to do. Thanks for the HONEST update....you are an encouragement to all of us moms who really DON'T have it all together!

Katie said...

My niece is 6 and still has to have a paci at night! :)

The Segrest Family said...

sister, camp would still have his passy if the dentist didnt snatch it from him!!! =) and nash gave his up on his own ... and there are many days when i wish he would take the dang thing!!!!
dont stress.
they are only in diapers with passys once in their lives... no rush.
and FYI, potty training=hard on mama. when we are in the back of wal mart, with a buggy full - camp always has to go tee tee - not fun.

The McClains said...

I am with you...I feel like a complete failure b/c the boys are almost 3 and still in diapers. I have tried and tried and tried with potty training, I QUIT!!!