CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

DETAILS

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 37:4

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. To say we are excited would be a major understatement!! We are THRILLED!! It has been a long road for us, but God has had a plan for us all along that is even better than we can imagine! He has used our trials to bring us closer to Him...to let go...give it all to Him...and totally TRUST in Him! I had to let go of all my wanting and look at what He had already blessed me with - a great family, a precious little boy, a roof over my head. I had to say, "It's okay God, all I want is You." I learned a lot while participating in a great bible study - Wisdom for Mothers - one of the best things I have ever done for myself. Even now I am having to let go of my fears and anxiety from my past experiences and give it all to Him.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

We found out the good news on January 3. It was a big celebration, followed quickly by fear! We immediately told our parents and started praying. 3 plus months later, lots of ultrasounds, lots of prayers, and here we are - I'm feeling great!! My due date is September 8 and I cannot wait for the moment to meet this baby. I think I have a whole new appreciation of the miracle of life...and I can't wait to witness it again.

Because of my history and since we never really got any answers from our previous 2 losses, my doctor is following me very closely. In about 7 weeks I will start seeing my doctor every 3 weeks where I will have 3 different ultrasounds every visit. Toward the end of my pregnancy I will be seen twice a week - one time for an ultrasound, the other for a stress test. Please join us in praying for 3 specific things: (1) blood flow to the baby through the umbilical cord, (2) continued growth of the baby, and (3) adequate fluid levels. These are the three things all of this extra testing will be looking for. All of this just for precaution - not because these things will definintely be problems. We know that God is in control, and that He already knows the outcome of all this. We pray that the baby will continue to thrive and that we will get to meet this precious blessing in September.

We had our big ultrasound last Thursday and we are having...a precious little baby boy!!! God is so good!! We are thrilled that Warner will have a little brother to grow up with.

Now the fun begins...

10 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

another boy!! yay!

can't believe you've kept it from blog world this long!

will continue to pray for you..

Landon Wallis said...

Sooooo excited! You will be overjoyed to see how much the 2 of them will love each other!

Meredith said...

Ginger, I have been praying all along. I am so happy for you. I was wondering when you were going to post....finally!!! You will remain in my thoughts and praytes. I love you!

love, meredith

Katie said...

Ginger, I will add you and the new little Lively to my prayer list. I had no idea about all of your trouble! I am so sorry for all of that and so excited for you now!

laurawh said...

I think I could have written a lot of this post myself about a year and a half ago! So happy for you again and will keep on praying for you!

The Segrest Family said...

ginger!!!!!!! congrats!!!! oh my word!!!!!!!!!
so happy for y'all - you look so cute!!!
i knew you had one miscarriage, but i didn't know about the second one... im so sorry! i know you are fearful, but praise the Lord that HE is good and His ways are better than ours.
i had two miscarriages before camp... so i know how you feel.
warner is going to be a an awesome big brother! it is so much fun to have two little boys!

The Dunsmores said...

Gotta love those boys...congrats again little momma. Can't wait to follow your progress...

Jon, Shelley, Jetta, & Elena said...

Soooooo excited... know that the smiths are praying for you two!!! love, j/s/j/e

deltadunns said...

I had all 3 of the problems that they will be checking you for during both of my pregnancies. Dr. Bishop is very cautious and wants to check out everything to the fullest, so I'm so glad she's your doctor. Like you, we did a lot of praying when I was pregnant, and everything turned out fine just as I know it will for you. We can't wait for the newest addition!!!

The Barnes said...

Ginger, I am so happy for yall! I will pray specifically as you asked. I am confident that you will have a beautiful baby boy! You are soo soo right in saying that God's plan is so much more wonderful than we can ever imagine. His plan is PERFECT!
James :2-3 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.

You are so right that these trials only draw us closer to him. God is SOOO GOOD!
Congrats!