CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 16, 2009

Texas to Starkville

Well, I did it!! I survived my first flight by myself with TWO! The trick that saved me was getting permission for Chris to go through security with us and get us to our gate. I'm not sure I would've been able to do it all without him - get Jackson out of the car seat, Warner's shoes off, Warner out of the stroller, my shoes off, get all the bags on the conveyer belt while holding Jackson, try to keep my eye on Warner so he doesn't wonder off somewhere, get everybody through the metal detector and then repeat the process in reverse!! Funny story - a long time ago when traveling with just Warner, we were going through security and I had taken Warner's shoes off and was busy getting all the bags on the conveyer and making sure my liquids were in a ziploc, etc....I look up and can't find Warner anywhere!! My heart just dropped. I started yelling his name, and the next thing I know I hear a little laughter. I look down and he had crawled under the table and was sitting on a shelf right up under me!! SO anyway I was very thankful to have Chris with us to help get through the most difficult part of flying. Once we got to our gate everything was smooth sailing - Jackson slept, Warner colored. We landed in Dallas and Warner did his usual of running to my parents and jumping in their arms! We enjoyed a nice long week at my parents house.







On Friday, after the long (with many stops, 12 hours in the car) trip to Starkville, we reunited with daddy to watch a little MSU football. Not a good game, but we still LOVE our Bulldogs!


I got to visit with one of my best friends from high school - miss you Shelley!
Warner got to play with one of his new best friends, Camp - they played so hard!
The Rowells and The Rayners - these 4 go WAY back!!

0 comments: