CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 16, 2007

"Deceptively Delicious"

Like I have said before, Warner is a VERY picky eater!! He likes chicken nuggets, grilled cheese, turkey, bread, crackers, chips, french fries, any kind of fruit, oatmeal, and cheese - and that is it! So, a while back my mom bought me this great book, "Deceptively Delicious" written by Jerry Seinfeld's wife, Jessica. It's a great book about getting your kids to eat healthy and eat their vegetables. It uses pureed vegetables in all the recipes, but you aren't able to taste them. I have been wanting to try it since I got it, but just never found the time to make all the purees. Well, with my mom in town this week to help me, I got busy! It is so easy!! I have made sweet potatoe, butternut squash, peas, carrots, broccoli, and red pepper purees so far. It takes no time at all and now that I have the purees ready I can just pull them out of the freezer for my recipes. Tonight I made the first recipe - chicken tenders that include the broccoli puree, and he actually ate them!!! YAY!!! They were actually very tasty. This is so exciting because now I don't have to worry that he's not getting his veggies. This week I'm going to try the pancakes (made with sweet potatoe puree), applesauce muffins (made with butternut squash), blueberry lemon muffins (made with yellow squash), and the grilled cheese sandwich (made with sweet potatoe or squash). I'll let you know how they turn out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work! I saw a gal on the foodnetwork use purreed squash as the base for a baked mac n cheese! Less fat and loads o veggies. Actually looked good!

LT (and Max) said...

i saw jessica seinfeld on oprah talking about this book! i was so fascinated. i saw it at target the other day...i would totally buy it if i had kids! glad to know it's working for you!
merry christmas!