CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Happy Birthday & Happy Baby Boy!!

Have I mentioned how awesome my friends are?? I feel so blessed to be surrounded by great Christian friends!! You see, when your husband is a farmer, you need a lot of great friends to get through each farming year - they work a lot of hours!! You are pretty much a single mom from April to October...sometimes sooner, sometimes later. You pray for rain because that is the only time you will see them!! Thankfully we have had some pretty good rains this year, so we have seen daddy more than usual. Anyway, most of my friends can relate because their husbands are farmers too (or do some kind of farming releated job). I truly believe that God was looking out for me when I married Chris and moved to our little small town - He put these girls in my life!!
I kinda got off subject, but a little background info never hurt....
This past Thursday these girls gave me a birthday party/baby shower. They literally pampered me and showered me with gifts...even including a little live entertainment! They made me feel so very special with a sit down dinner, complete with a typed out menu and place cards. I was expecting to receive diapers because that is what we usually do for someone having their second baby - but instead they gave me the most precious gifts!! Jackson is set!!
my special seat

The other very special thing was that my mom was here all last week helping me and she got to come to the shower too!! Thank you mom for all you did to help me last week...and for putting up with me - I'm pretty hard to deal with these days!!

back row - Julie, Lesley, me, Jennie, Meg (with baby Maggie)
front row - Melissa & Mary Evelyn

Pictures of finished nursery to follow tomorrow...as well as a baby boy update!

2 comments:

The Segrest Family said...

so sweet! happy late birthday!!! and you look great!!

Kacie said...

My husband is a farmer, too. I know exactly how you feel. I'm hoping to make some friends that I can get close to one day. I get a little lonely sometimes! This recent raining streak has had my husband home a lot more the last two weeks! I've thanked God for the rain every night!

Congrats on the baby shower! That was very sweet of your friends!