CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Warner goes to the dentist

On Tuesday, August 4, Warner had his first dental appointment. He was a little hesitant to let the hygienist look in his mouth, but once he got over that he did great! He had no cavities and his teeth looked great.
I have known for a long long time that the pacifier needed to go, but I think hearing the dentist say "get rid of it" finally did it for me. He said the bad news was that using the pacifier had already done a lot of damage (major open bite), but that the good news was that if we took it away now it could correct itself. I am happy to report that as of Tuesday we are no longer a pacifier user!!!!! We had to say bye bye to our "by by" as Warner referred to it. We told him the dentist said he could no longer use it because it was hurting his teeth and that we threw it (we were down to only one) in the garbage. The first night he fussed a little and Chris went in his room and talked to him for about 10 minutes. He told him that if he closed his eyes and went to sleep and didn't cry about it that he could get a prize - it was a long conversation, but that is basically what was said. He left his room, closed the door, and we never heard another word from him all night. The next day at nap time he was a total mess! He screamed and cried, "I want my by by" for a good hour. Finally after me going in and out of his room and an hour & 1/2 of fussing he fell asleep. Then last night Chris put him to bed, talked to him for awhile, left the room, closed the door, and we never heard another word. I've been calling Chris the miracle worker!!! Today at nap time Chris was home and put him to bed with no problem. I've told Chris that he has to come home everyday at lunch and put him down for his nap - at least until he gets over it.
I'm so glad that we finally just did it...once again the anticipation of it has been much worse than actually doing it. Now we are fully potty trained and paci free just in time for little brother's arrival.


Have I mentioned that my baby starts school next week??!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Kissy said...

Full and pretty set of toothies - can't wait to see his haircut!!!!

The Segrest Family said...

AWESOME!!!!! i still miss our by by =(
he is a doll! hope you are feeling well...