CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 3, 2011

the good, the bad, and the ugly

What a week we have had!! This is our family journal, and I also never want to come across that our life is perfect....so here we go!

Warner has been having some trouble at school the last few weeks :( He just cannot keep his mouth closed!! They come home with green, yellow, or red lights at the end of the day depending on their behavior. Pretty self explanatory, but green - you were good all day, yellow - one incident or a warning, red - several incidents. Warner has had I think 2 green lights in the last 2 weeks, several yellow, and 2 red!! Ugh! All of his yellow or red lights are for talking...talking during group time, talking in the hall, talking talking talking. I realize it could be a lot worse...he could be hitting, being disrespectful, getting in fights, etc. It is just so defeating as a parent. We have tried every kind of punishment under the sun. His little bottom is raw from all the spankings!! For some reason it is just impossible for him to keep his lips sealed when he needs to. He talks all the time!!!! Have you ever been around him? He is always talking!!
Future Farmer of America
And this little guy....has pneumonia!!!!!
He turned 17 months old and a few days later was diagnosed with pneumonia.
It started with a cold...then came the wheezing, the constant whining, lots of sleeping, no appetite. I knew it had gone to his chest. Thankfully we caught it early!
I had a very proud moment as a mom last week too. We were at family night at our church and Warner and Jackson went to the gym floor to play with the other kids. I helped them down the stairs and stood back and just watched as they walked on out to the center of the gym. Warner was holding Jackson's hand and guiding him along...I could hear him talking to him in a sweet baby voice - "you wanna go over here, you wanna play with a ball". I stood back and watched with tears in my eyes as Warner was doing just what a big brother is all about - taking care of his baby brother. I pray that Warner will always take care of his little brother and that Jackson will always look up to Warner like he does now. I love these little boys...and no yellow or red light will ever change that!

1 comments:

Laurin said...

That is so sweet that Warner was taking care of Jackson. I hope Lennox will be that kind of brother too. I hope Jackson is feeling better and you and Warner have a safe trip this weekend. I wonder if your dad can even get out of DFW??? :(